We all remember the times when our parents helped us set up a slumber party with our friends! You would get to spend the night with your besties watching tv and play all night long. No matter if you’re a child or an adult, slumber parties can still be a fun activity to plan and host. Our slumber party checklist will help you plan one of the best nights you or your child will ever have!
We have also provided a guide on how to plan a slumber party with our checklist template. The template will guide you through each step of planning a slumber party and help countdown the days till your slumber party!
5 Reasons to Love Our Slumber Party Planning Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
How long does it take to plan a slumber party, you ask? We believe that there is no fixed time frame that will work for everyone. Since, everyone has their own specific situations and timeframes we created a checklist that will help you countdown the days till your slumber party. Just add the day you started planning, along with what day you’ll be holding the slumber party, and each task included in the worksheet will get an assigned due date! This will help you plan and make sure you have everything taken care of in time for the big day.
Our template is formatted to help you easily see what tasks need to get done, and which should have higher priority. This feature should help you keep track of all the little details you need to complete on your slumber party checklist.
- Find the perfect movie? Check the box in the row for choosing a movie, and it will turn green. This helps you visually spot which tasks are still outstanding.
- Did you get caught up with your busy schedule? If you start to approach a due date, it will turn yellow. If it passes without completion, it will turn red. This will help you prioritize tasks.
Are you planning with friends or your special someone? Share the template with whomever you wish via Google Drive. Everyone will be on the same page, in real time! Multiple people can edit at the same time.
4. Helpful Links
The template doesn’t just help you plan your time, it connects you with great resources in a single click.
- Want to survey your friends to find the best time to hold your party? Links to useful websites and apps are included.
- Want to find the best decorator? Easily find every service – from venues and caterers to DJs and decorators – you need in one place.
- Budgeting is a huge part of party planning. It doesn’t need to be difficult, though! Just use our budget worksheet, created just for slumber parties! A link to this sheet will be included in the checklist.
- Need to order supplies? We’ve got you covered. Just click!
- Want to get the creative juices flowing with some fun party tips and ideas? We’ll link right to the articles you need.
This is no generic planning guideline that will result in a fantastic slumber party. So instead we provided some suggestions for tasks that will help you create your customized slumber party checklist.
Slumber Party Logistics
- Sleep Amenities: Make sure there’s enough space for your guest to sleep. Also, stock up on blankets, pillows, and futons for the guest. Another option is to ask your guest to bring a sleeping bag. If it’s a kid’s slumber party, you may want to ask their parents if they need other items that would be necessary for them to sleep, such as a stuffed animal.
- Chose a Theme: If the party is planned for your kid, you may want to consider a cartoon theme. While if it is for adults, you could have a unique pajamas theme or a horror movie theme.
- Toiletries: You should not forget to inform the guest to bring certain items such as a toothbrush, towels, and hairbrush. While it would be easier for the host to provide toilet wipes, body wash, and shampoo.
Food & Drinks for Your Slumber Party Checklist
- Take out/ Delivery: During a sleepover, it’s a lot of work to cook for 6 to 12 guests and clean up after. The best option will be getting takeout to minimize the clean up later. For kids, pizza is something that would always bring a smile to their faces. While for adults, you might want to consider a unique option and go with something that not many people have tried before.
- Snacks: Must have snacks for a slumber party: popcorn, chips, hot pockets, and ramen noodles. When choosing a snack, you should base it on convenience because no one wants to miss out on the fun to get a quick bite.
- Drinks: If it is a kid’s party, some drinks that will be popular are fruit punch, yogurt drinks, and boba milk tea. For adults, you should consider having some alcoholic beverages such as soju. Since ethnic grocery stores are trendy, you could purchase some unique drinks such as ramune, a popular Japanese soda.
Games & Activities for Your Slumber Party Checklist
- Video Games: A video game popular with kids or adults will be animal crossing for the Nintendo switch. Other games are Mario cart, smash bros or super Mario party.
- Board/ Card Games: This would be a good option for any age. Board and card games are well received by both adults and children. For children, monopoly, connect four or speed, the card game is a good option. While adults can play games such as mafia, cards against humanity, or truth or drink.
- Movies: Watching a movie is a must-have for any sleepover, no matter the age. If it is a children’s slumber party, you should consider asking the parents about what is off-limits. While for adult slumber parties, “skys the limit,” but you should get everyone’s input on their preference for the type of movie to watch.
How to Use Our Slumber Party Checklist
Simply click the download button below to get started. We have created a step-by-step guide to take you through using our checklists: how to share your checklists with fellow planners, how to add/edit/delete tasks, how to sort/filter/reorder tasks and more.
Planning a slumber party for children could take anywhere from one to two weeks. While for adults, it may take anywhere from two to four weeks to prepare. At Easy Event Planning we believe that planning a slumber party should be fun and, well, easy! Our customizable template will help to make sure all your plans are in order before the event. If you enjoy using this checklist, you’ll love our planning tools for other events, too!