Updated on: Feb 16, 2024
We all remember the times when our parents helped us set up a sleepover with our friends! You would get to spend the night with your besties watching tv and play all night long. No matter if you're a child or an adult, slumber parties can still be a fun activity to plan and host. Our slumber party checklist will help you plan one of the best nights you or your child will ever have!
This template will guide you through each step of planning a slumber party and help countdown the days till your big party!
5 Reasons to Love Our Slumber Party Planning Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
How long does it take to plan a slumber party, you ask? We believe that there is no fixed time frame that will work for everyone. Since everyone has their own specific situations and timeframes we created a checklist that will help you countdown the days till your slumber party. Just add the day you started planning, along with what day you’ll be holding the slumber party, and each task included in the worksheet will get an assigned due date! This will help you plan and make sure you have everything taken care of in time for the big day.
Our template is formatted to help you easily see what tasks need to get done, and which should have higher priority. This feature should help you keep track of all the little details you need to complete on your slumber party checklist.
- Find the perfect movie? Check the box in the row for choosing a movie, and it will turn green. This helps you visually spot which tasks are still outstanding.
- Did you get caught up with your busy schedule? If you start to approach a due date, it will turn yellow. If it passes without completion, it will turn red. This will help you prioritize tasks.
Are you planning with friends or your special someone? Share the template with whomever you wish via Google Drive. Everyone will be on the same page, in real-time! Multiple people can edit at the same time.
4. Helpful Links
The template doesn’t just help you plan your time, it connects you with great resources in a single click.
- Want to survey your friends to find the best time to hold your party? Links to useful websites and apps are included.
- Want to find the best decorator? Easily find every service - from venues and caterers to DJs and decorators - you need in one place.
- Budgeting is a huge part of party planning. It doesn’t need to be difficult, though! Just use our budget worksheet, created just for slumber parties! A link to this sheet will be included in the checklist.
- Need to order supplies? We’ve got you covered. Just click!
- Want to get the creative juices flowing with some fun party tips and ideas? We’ll link right to the articles you need.
This is no generic planning guideline that will result in a fantastic slumber party. So instead we provided some suggestions for tasks that will help you create your customized slumber party checklist.
How to Use Our Slumber Party Checklist
Simply click the download button below to get started. We have created a step-by-step guide to take you through using our checklists: how to share your checklists with fellow planners, how to add/edit/delete tasks, how to sort/filter/reorder tasks, and more.
Slumber Party Checklist: Conclusion
Planning a slumber party for children could take anywhere from one to two weeks. While for adults, it may take anywhere from two to four weeks to prepare. At Easy Event Planning we believe that planning a slumber party should be fun and, well, easy! Our customizable template will help to make sure all your plans are in order before the event. You can pair it with our accompanying budget sheet. If you enjoy using this checklist, you’ll love our other checklists for other events, too!
Written by Bryk Li, Contributor: Jack Leduc