A child coming of age is a momentous occasion for any parent. A girl’s fifteenth birthday is one such occasion. In Latin American cultures, a girl’s fifteenth birthday is celebrated with a Quinceañera, a party that celebrates the beginning of a girl’s growth into maturity. Of course, organizing a Quinceañera requires a lot of planning that could make your head spin. We at Easy Event Planning can help you with that.
Our efficient and easy-to-use Quinceañera checklist is guaranteed to make arranging your daughter’s big celebration much more manageable. Our checklist includes a step-by-step guide on how to plan a Quinceañera that covers everything you could need assistance on as well as a countdown on what to do 5 minutes before your event. Your daughter only turns fifteen once, so you would need the best tools available to give her the best Quinceañera she could have.
5 Reasons Why to Love Our Quinceañera Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
What can make most other checklists hard to work with is how inflexible they are. However, our checklists automatically plan a timeline for you depending on your start date and how much time you’ve given yourself. For instance, say you’ve planned for your event to take place on a certain day in November and have given yourself 10 months to plan the entire Quinceañera. When using the EEP checklist, there will be a cell where you can enter your event’s date. Once you enter that date, all of the tasks already inputted into the worksheet will adjust their deadlines to an ideal date that fits into your event timeline.
Whether you need to buy the perfect ball gown or come up with the perfect menu, all of your tasks’ deadlines will be adjusted to your schedule. That way, all of the tasks that you want to complete before, during, and after your event have a reasonable time frame to be done, and you won’t feel like you’re behind before you’ve even started.
Don't worry about generic instructions, because this guide is tailor-made just for Quinceañeras.
3. Intuitive Visuals
The checklists also have several features that allow for an easy viewing experience. Tasks will be color-coded to indicate completion or status. For example, if you finished planning the guest list, just click on the checkbox next to it and the row will be turned green to mark its completion. If you still need to decide on pairings or madrinas with your daughter soon, the date will turn yellow to alert you of an approaching due date. If you haven’t ordered the birthday cake by the planned due date, the date will turn red to remind you of something you urgently need to get done.
4. Helpful Resource Links
- There will be several links provided to aid you in the respective tasks. These links include:
- Links to online applications like a Save-The-Date e-card
- Links to vendors like caterers and photographers to hire
- And the respective budget sheet for this event
5. Easy to Share and Edit
Our checklists function from Google Drive. So they can be shared with and edited by anyone who has a Gmail account.
How to Use our Quinceañera Checklist
- Say that you want to group “flowers” with the existing task “ribbons” under the category “decorations".
- To do so, you can just simply overwrite “ribbons” with “decorations” in that specific task box. The due date of this task will not be changed.
- Now let’s say that you got a call from a relative saying they might need some guest transportation. To add this new task to your checklist, all you need to do is:
- Right-click on the number of the row immediately above or below where you want to add the task. Then click ‘insert one above/below’ accordingly.
- Then merge the three cells within the task box area for uniformity.
- Important note: This new task will still need to have a due date applied to it. Once you add the due date, it will be color-coded accordingly. Once that’s done, it’s recommended that you assign someone to this task as soon as possible.
- If you decide you don’t need physical invitations when online invitations work just as well, you can just delete the former task from the checklist.
- Just right click on that task’s row number and click “delete row”.
- Assigning people to tasks is easy. Just type their names in a task’s “person assigned” box
Numerous filtering techniques can also be used to check on specific parts of the checklist.
If you need to see what still needs to get done, just click the triangular button on the ‘DONE?’ heading and select ‘FALSE’. If you want to see how your brother-in-law is holding up, click the triangular button on his name in the ‘Person Assigned’ heading. To see a specific task type, like ‘guests’ for instance, click the triangular button on ‘Task Type’ and select ‘guests’.
We understand that a lot can go into planning the perfect Quinceañera. That is why our checklists are sure to relieve any anxiety you might have and help you arrange a birthday to remember. If you found this Quinceañera checklist helpful, then check out our planning tools for other events.
Written by Mackenzie Tolrud and Joseph Wang; Contributor: Jack Leduc