The Garter Toss. Only the most awkward, funny, yet essential part of the wedding. The thing about Garter Toss is that there are no rules applied to it. But one thing about it is that it is always accompanied by one or a mix of garter toss songs. This is why we comprised a list of 60 of the wildest garter toss songs just for you.
What is A Garter Toss?
Picture this, it’s like the bride throwing a bouquet to her girls at the wedding, the girl that catches the bouquet of flowers is going to be the next one in line for marriage. Except a garter* toss is for guys, it’s basically when the groom goes in and gets the bride’s lingerie from underneath her gown, this can be done through his teeth or his hands. The only thing that differentiates a garter toss from a bouquet throwing is the fact that it’s the groom’s decision if he wants to toss the lingerie for someone else to catch or keep to himself. The toss usually occurs after the bouquet toss.
When did the Garter Toss Originate?
Believe it or not, the garter toss is actually an old tradition that dates back to the 14th century in England and France. During that time, the garter toss was different than how most weddings have it today. Back then, the guests would be anxious to charge at the wife, and basically tear her dress apart for good luck. Fortunately things have changed overtime, and the garter toss is now a more ‘intimate’ moment between the groom and his spouse.
Alternative/Indie Garter Toss Songs
- My Type- Saint Motel: “When there’s loving in the air, don’t fight it, just keep breathing.”
- Whip it- Devo:“Go forward, move ahead.”
R&B/ Soul Garter Toss Songs
3. Milkshake- Kellis: Come on, the boys are waiting.
4. Ignition(Remix)- R Kelly: “Hot and fresh out the kitchen.”
5. My Girl- The Temptations: Show your guests who your girl is.
6. Na Na- Trey Songz: Put your hands in the air because you’re lovin tonight.
7. No Scrubs- TLC: Prove to your spouse that you are not a scrub!
8. Let’s Get It On- Marvin Gaye: “Let your love come out”
9. Let Me Love You- Mario: “Every Night, Doin her right.”
10. Pony- Ginuwine: You found your partner, you are no longer a bachelor.
11. Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye: “Let’s get down tonight.”
12. Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake: The other boys really don’t know how to act.
13. Yeah- Usher: Get up and follow her to the floor.
If you’re an amazon prime member then you make your life ten times easier by using a R&B playlist* from amazon music. If you’re not an amazon prime member, that’s ok because there is still the option of playing a R&B CD.*
Classic Rock Garter Toss Songs
14. American Woman- Lenny Kravitz : Look at your spouse straight in the eye, and tell them what you’re going to do.
15. Another One Bites The Dust- Queen : “But I’m ready, yes I’m ready for you.”
16. Cherry Pie- Warrant : “Put a smile on your face, ten miles wide.”
17. Eye Of The Tiger- Survivor: Do your time take your chances.
18. Hit Me With Your Best Shot- Pat Benetar: “Fire Away.”
19. Pour Some Sugar On Me- DEF Leppard: “Love is like a bomb, baby, c’mon get it on.”
20. Pretty Woman- Roy Orbison: It is now time for you to treat your pretty woman right.
21. Sharp Dressed Man- ZZ Tops: “Silk Suit, Black Tie.”
22. The Final Countdown- Europe: It’s the final countdown, kiss those bachelor days goodbye, you and her are leaving together.
23. Wild Thing- Tone Loc: Boy, make you and her heart sing.
If you’re a fan of vinyl records then you may be interested in a collection of classic rock records that you can play at your wedding.
Pop Garter Toss Songs
24. A Little Less Conversation – Elvis Presley: “A little less conversation, a little more action.”
25. Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke: Now that they’ve got you they don’t need no takers.
26. Cops Theme- Inner Circle: “Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you?”
27. Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins: Rev up your engines buddy.
28. Feeling Good- Michael Bublé: “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life.”
29. Fever- Peggy Lee: “Romeo Loved Juliet, Juliet She felt the same way.”
30. Hooked On A Feeling- Bjorn Skifs: “I’m high on believing.”
31. Hot In Herre- Nelly: “Lookin For the right time to shoot my steam.”
32. It’s Raining Men- The Weather Girls: Make it start raining men, simple as that.
33. Love Shack- The B 52’s: “Lookin for the love getaway.”
34. Oh Yeah- Yello: “Such a future, a good future.”
35. Single Ladies- Beyoncé: It’s too late, you already got a ring on it.
36. Strip That Down- Liam Payne: Strip that down for them.
37. Suit & Tie- Justin Timberlake: Show you’re spouse a few things.
38. That’s What I Like- Bruno Mars: “All this is here for you.”
39. Wanna Be- Spice Girls: “Get your act together, we will be just fine.”
40. Want To Want Me- Jason Derulo: Whisper in their ear, “baby I’m yours.”
41. Watermelon Sugar- Harry Styles: “Watermelon sugar high!”
42. Who Let The Dogs Out- Baha Men: “Hey man, it’s part of the party.”
43. Womanizer Brittney Spears: This my dear friend is the night you leave your womanizer tendencies behind.
Dance/ Electronic Garter Toss Songs
44. Come and Get It- Selena Gomez: If you want it go and get it.
45. Despacito- Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee: Go on over in their direction.
46. Toxic- Britney Spears: “A guy like you should wear a warning.”
47. Turn Me On- Kevin Lyttle: “For the longest while we jamming in the party.”
48. Waiting For Love- Avicci: If there’s love in this life, then you guys are unstoppable.
Hip/Hop Rap Garter Toss Songs
49. Bust A Move- Young MC: “Music comes on, people start dancing.”
50. Gettin Jiggy With It- Will Smith: “Dance Floor Pro, I know you know”
51. Promiscuous- Nelly Furtado: “Let your guard down, aint nobody gotta know.”
52. Rock You’re Body- Justin Timberlake: Don’t be shy, make a move.
53. Ride Wit Me- Nelly Furtado: It’s time to take you’re little shawty home.
54. Sexy Can I? Ray J, Yung Berg: This is a Kodak Moment, Let someone else grab there camera.
55. Started From The Bottom- Drake: Started from the bottom of the dating line, now you’re here.
56. The Way You Move- Outkast Ft. Sleepy Brown: It’s you’re moment, make the room fall silent, and make that one girl pause with glee.
57. Whatever You Like- T.I: “Baby you can have whatever you like.”
Funk Garter Toss Songs
58. Kiss- Prince: “I just want you’re extra time and your Kiss”
59. Get Lucky- Daft Punk: Tonight’s the night where you are up all night!
60. You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate: Congratulations, you are now no longer a part of the lonely people.
No matter what garter toss song you decide to go with, always remember that it is merely just good fun. And all that matters is that you and your spouse are comfortable with the situation at hand, and are having fun, because in the end this your night, no one else can take it from you. If you are interested in the perfect music for each event, take a look at our Classical Wedding Songs and Father-Daughter Dance Songs. For more wedding-related content, browse our Wedding Budget Checksheet, Wedding Checklist, and Wedding Ideas.
Help Me Find
- Banquet Halls Near Me
- Barn Wedding Venues Near Me
- Bed and Breakfast Near Me
- Boats and Yachts for Weddings Near Me
- Bridal Shops Near Me
- Cosmetic Dentists and Teeth Whitening Near Me
- Destination Wedding Planner Near Me
- DJ, Band or Musicians Near Me
- Eyebrow Threading Near Me
- Florist Near Me
- Gallery and Museum Wedding Space Near Me
- Honeymoon Wedding Planner Near Me
- Hotel Wedding Venues Near Me
- Limousine and Party Bus Rental Near Me
- Mansions and Estates Near Me
- Mens Suit and Tuxedo Rental Near Me
- Nail Salons Near Me
- Party Entertainment Near Me
- Photographers Near Me
- Tanning Salons Near Me
- Tent and Wedding Rentals Near Me
- Updos and Wedding Hair Salons Near Me
- Videographer Near Me
- Waxing and Electrolysis Near Me
- Wedding Cakes Near Me
- Wedding Catering Services Near Me
- Wedding Ceremony Venues and Wedding Chapels Near Me
- Wedding Favors Near Me
- Wedding Invitations Near Me
- Wedding Officiant Near Me
- Wedding Planner Near Me
- Wedding Registry Near Me
- Wedding Venues Near Me
- Wine or Liquor Store Near Me
Written by Bryk Li