Where to Buy an Engagement Ring
Looking for a jeweler in , for wedding bands, engagement rings, or another piece of jewelry? You can look through our database or include this service with the other services you need for your event. Submit a quote request and now we’ll do all the legwork matching you to the perfect jeweler with the perfect price!
How Much Should You Spend On An Engagement Ring
Finding the perfect engagement ring for your significant other is no easy task, but it can come with a hefty cost. Each couple’s background is different when it comes to how much they choose to spend depending on your partner’s preferences and your financial situation. While the average cost of an engagement ring is between $5,000 to $7,000, it can vary based on many factors such as the type of stone, metal, setting, and size. Splurging on an engagement ring may be easy, but finding the right balance will help you stay within your wedding budget.
How to Clean An Engagement Ring
- Your engagement ring goes through a lot from the day of that very moment that it was put on your finger to being part of your everyday life. To keep that gem feeling like it’s brand new again from the day you got it, give it a weekly cleaning with some ingredients you can find at home or through a professional cleaning twice a year for all metal and stone types.
- Ingredients you need at home: warm water, a bowl, dishwashing soap, a lint-free cloth, and a soft toothbrush.
- Add warm water to a small bowl with a drop of dishwashing soap and soak your ring in the bowl for 20 to 40 minutes.
- If there is any residue on the ring, use a soft toothbrush to scrub it off.
- Rinse the ring under running warm water
- Dry the ring with a lint-free cloth and then let the ring air dry for an hour before wearing it.
- Bring the ring to the jeweler at least once a year for professional deep cleaning to continue the maintenance.
What Hand Do You Wear Your Engagement Ring On
Engagement rings are worn on a different finger and hand depending on the country you reside in, your personal preferences, or cultural beliefs. In the United States and most European countries, your engagement ring should be worn on the fourth finger of your left hand before marriage. For other countries, engagement rings are worn on the opposite hand. Once you get married, place the engagement ring on top of your wedding ring on the same finger and hand. It is optional for the bride and groom to continue wearing their engagement rings after they get married. It’s ultimately up to you where you decide to place your engagement ring and if you choose to follow the tradition.
Why to Consider Engagement Ring Insurance
When you purchase something as expensive as an engagement ring, you might want to consider engagement ring insurance to ensure to prepare for the worst that could happen. While it is one of your happiest moments in life saying yes to the one, you don’t want to lose a precious ring that means the world to you. Engagement ring insurance protects you from damage, loss, or theft with repairment, replacement, or reimbursement of the ring. With a ring that has such sentimental value to it, it’s better to be safe rather than sorry if something happens to your ring.