Potlucks are a fun way to get together with friends while minimizing the cost and load of the host. Potluck parties are great for a work celebration, your child’s sport’s games, family gatherings, and the list goes on.
Planning a potluck party might seem simple but we have created a Potluck Party Checklist that won’t let you forget a thing! You don’t want all your guests to bring dessert and no one to bring dinner or something simple like making sure that you have enough utensils for everyone.
5 Reasons to Love Our Putlock Planning Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
So you’re probably wondering how long does it take to plan a Potluck Party? Potluck parties need a lot of preparation in advance but it’s easily laid out for you in our potluck party checklist. The checklist is made just for your timeline. All you need to do is add the day your party planning begins and the day you’re holding the event. The checklist will formulate what needs to be done by what date This will help you plan efficiently and assure that you have every detail accounted for in time for the event.
This is no generic party planning guideline – it’s specifically for planning a Potluck party!
Our template is formatted to help you easily see what tasks need to get done, and which should have higher priority.
- Set the table? Check the box in that row and it will turn green. This helps you visually spot which tasks need to be done.
- Did you get caught up with your busy schedule? If you start to approach a due date, it will turn yellow. If it passes without completion, it will turn red. This will help you prioritize tasks.
You may be planning a potluck among your work friends or with other groups. One of the best features of our checklist is that it’s shareable. You can send the link to the google sheet for anyone involved in the potluck party planning process. This will make it easier to delegate tasks or for anyone to pick up a task that is over due or cannot be done by someone else. Any edits that are made will be reflected in real time to anyone also looking at the checklist (assuming you are both connected to the internet). So anyone can add, edit, or delete tasks, right in front of you!
5. Helpful Links
The template doesn’t just help you plan your time, it connects you with great resources in a single click.
- Want to survey your friend for the best time? Links to useful websites and apps are included.
- Want to find the best dress? Easily find every service – from venues and caterers to DJs and decorators – you need in one place.
- Budgeting is a huge part of party planning. It doesn’t have to be hard at all! Just use our budget worksheet, created just for a Potluck Party! A link to this sheet will be included in the checklist.
- Need to order supplies? We’ve got you covered. Just click!
- Want to get the creative juices flowing with some fun party tips and ideas? We’ll link right to the articles you need.
How to Use Our Potluck Party Checklist
Simply click the download button below to get started. We’ve made a step-by-step guide to show you the basics of our checklists such as how to share your checklists with fellow planners, how to add/edit/delete tasks, how to sort/filter/reorder tasks, etc.
Having a potluck party is tons of fun for everyone involved! You get a taste of everyone’s kitchen. Download our checklist and get started!