EasyEventPlanning.com (EEP) grew out of a need to address two of the longest standing issues in the event industry:
- Events take too long to plan. No one ever says “Wow, that took less time than I thought it would. And it was so easy!” The responsibility for events often falls on the plates of already-busy people who are not being compensated for the task. We want to make event planning fast and easy for everyone.
- The entrepreneurs who make up an overwhelming majority of the industry need an affordable way to grow their businesses and to reach their entire market in a single website – now more than ever as we look forward to helping the industry recover amidst this pandemic.
Three events shaped our company’s mission
- 9-11 Our founder, Kathleen Kilmer, walked away from a highly lucrative career in 2001 because intuition told her it was time to start prioritizing meaning over income. That decision likely prevented her from being in the towers September 11th, where her former employer hosted a conference on the top floor and where all in attendance lost their lives.
- Hurricane Katrina in 2005 – Ms. Kilmer volunteered for the Red Cross and became more aware of the role that shelters play in a natural disaster. She found it heartbreaking that thousands of scared kids were still in shelters months later on Halloween. She wished she had way to make it the best holiday they’d ever had; one that would give them hope for the difficult months ahead. She reserved the domain name CelebrationsForHope.org in the hopes of launching a non-profit one day to fill that type of need.
- An Oprah episode in 2007 – Yep, leave it to Oprah. Kilmer happened to catch an episode featuring John Wood, who wrote “Leaving Microsoft to Change the World”. By the end of the hour, she felt inspired to one day grow EEP to a national company and use the proceeds to fund a non-profit.
It has taken a long time but EEP finally went live with a new version of their site that, at its core, is a community. That sense of community is embodied in our new logo. Besides forming both an E and a P, it shows people not only coming together in celebration but supporting each other. We recently created a Facebook group – The Event Community – Stronger Together – to build a stronger sense of community among the various wedding and event vendors around the country.
Easy Event Planning LLC will be an instrument of hope through celebration.
We believe hope is one of the essential human emotional needs for survival. People die every day from drug overdoses and suicide–not because they lack love, but because they lack hope. As we grow, we intend to make donations to fundraising events planned through the site. That could be anything from a local benefit that raises money for life-saving medical treatment to a school fundraiser. Our ultimate goal is to fund “Celebrations for Hope”, which will eventually sponsor select events that we feel can be important instruments for hope – perhaps a wedding for a survivor of a mass shooting or an event honoring first responders in a terrorist attack.
Honor and Thank COVID-19 Heroes
In March 2020, the company launched their “Honor and Thank” initiative. This platform allows anyone to post a message, image or video to healthcare facilities around the country who are risking their own lives – and by extension, the lives of their families – to save ours. Learn more at EasyEventPlanning.com/honor-and-thank.
We’re growing and we look forward to forming strategic partnerships and working with those who believe in and support our mission.