Congratulations on your engagement! You’re about to start planning one of the most important days of your life. While this is a super exciting time, figuring out all the details and actually planning the wedding ceremony, wedding reception and other wedding-related events can be stressful unless you have the right wedding checklist. But it doesn’t have to be because we are right here every step of the way to guide you. This checklist will include things like choosing a venue, figuring out what kind of entertainment you want, finding the perfect dress, and more. And the best part? It’s automatically scaled to match your exact timeline, right down to the day!
Not sure where to start? You’re in luck! Easy Event Planning has compiled a list of tasks you’ll need to complete and put them into an easy-to-use checklist template!
4 Reasons to Love Our Wedding Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
Once you add your wedding date and the date you’re starting to plan, this sheet will automatically update to let you know what day you should have specific tasks done, even up to tasks to be completed minutes before the ceremony! Whether you have allowed yourself 15 minutes, 15 weeks, or 15 days to plan, the entire sheet scales to exactly fit your personal timeline. It’s your day after all!
2. Easy-to-View Formatting
Finished a task? Simply click the checkbox in that task’s row to turn it green, allowing you to visually spot what tasks are still outstanding.
Falling behind schedule? This sheet will let you know what tasks’ due dates are coming up by turning yellow. Once the date has passed, they’ll turn red. This will help you visually see which tasks should be your priority!
You can easily share this document with the people you are planning with through google sheets, and everyone can be on the same page!
4. Helpful Links
Through this checklist, Easy Event Planning also gives you access to some helpful links. Don’t know what to use to schedule a date? There’s a link to online applications for that!
There are links to vendor pages if you need help finding a professional such as a photographer.
There are also links to checklists for wedding-related events checklists inside the wedding checklist that you can pass along to the ones planning those events for/with you – bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, an engagement party, for example. A link to them will be included for that task.
Lastly, we also have a link to our budget sheet for weddings, which will further help you plan and organize your event.
How to Use Our Wedding Checklist
Changing and Adding Tasks
If you have extra tasks personal to you, you can easily add them or swap them with tasks in this sheet. To swap a task, simply overwrite what is currently in the task box.
To Add Another Task:
- Add another row to the inside of the checklist by right-clicking on the row number and selecting ‘insert one above/below’.
- Be sure to merge the three cells in the task box so you have room.
- This task will not have a date associated with it, however, so be sure to assign someone to it!
- You can also manually give it a due date, if you want. If you do so, the sheet will let you know when that day is coming up or passed, just like the ones that came with the document.
- To delete a task, just right click on the row number and select ‘delete row’.
Do you have a group of friends or family who will be helping with your wedding? This sheet will help you organize who is doing what. Just add their name to the ‘Person Assigned’ column, and you’ll be able to tell if a task is being taken care of or if it still needs someone to attend to it.
While planning, you can easily filter the checklist to see which tasks are still outstanding, see which ones are assigned to a particular person, or see just all of the tasks of a particular type. Simply click on the triangular icon on the title bar and select:
- ‘FALSE’ if sorting for unfinished tasks in the ‘Done?’ column
- =Whomever you’re looking for in the ‘Person Assigned’ column
- The task type (DIY or other) in the ‘Task Type’ column.
Changing a Due Date
If there’s a task you want to complete at a different time, and you want the colored reminders for that new date, simply overwrite the date given. This date will not auto-scale if you change your wedding date.
Our wedding checklist can make sure everything is taken care of in time for your special day. It is super easy to use, includes helpful tools, and is simple to customize to your individual wedding! This checklist will make sure you don’t forget a thing. Tie the knot with this template and start the countdown to your wedding!
Help Me Find
- Banquet Halls Near Me
- Barn Wedding Venues Near Me
- Bed and Breakfast Near Me
- Boats and Yachts for Weddings Near Me
- Bridal Shops Near Me
- Cosmetic Dentists and Teeth Whitening Near Me
- Destination Wedding Planner Near Me
- DJ, Band or Musicians Near Me
- Eyebrow Threading Near Me
- Florist Near Me
- Gallery and Museum Wedding Space Near Me
- Honeymoon Wedding Planner Near Me
- Hotel Wedding Venues Near Me
- Limousine and Party Bus Rental Near Me
- Mansions and Estates Near Me
- Mens Suit and Tuxedo Rental Near Me
- Nail Salons Near Me
- Party Entertainment Near Me
- Photographers Near Me
- Tanning Salons Near Me
- Tent and Wedding Rentals Near Me
- Updos and Wedding Hair Salons Near Me
- Videographer Near Me
- Waxing and Electrolysis Near Me
- Wedding Cakes Near Me
- Wedding Catering Services Near Me
- Wedding Ceremony Venues and Wedding Chapels Near Me
- Wedding Favors Near Me
- Wedding Invitations Near Me
- Wedding Officiant Near Me
- Wedding Planner Near Me
- Wedding Registry Near Me
- Wedding Venues Near Me
- Wine or Liquor Store Near Me
Written by Deesha Moran, Callie Brown and Katie Davidson