Updated on: Jul 16, 2023
Confirmation is an event that has its meaning embedded in its name: it’s confirming one’s entrance as a full member of the Church. This event is one of the most memorable and significant moments in a person’s life, so of course, it must be celebrated with a party! Planning a Confirmation Party may seem arduous, but don’t fret! Our Confirmation Party Checklist can help you with all of your party planning needs. Here's a guide to help you use our checklist.
5 Reasons to Love Our Confirmation Party Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
One of the biggest questions that are asked when planning a party is: how long does it take to plan a Confirmation Party? We believe that that decision is up to you! Checklists with fixed time frames can make you feel anxious and “behind” from the moment you start planning an event. That’s why with our checklist, you just have to add the day you’re going to begin planning your party, as well as the day you’re holding it (if not the day itself). From there, each task included in the checklist will get an assigned due date, which will help assure that you have everything taken care of in time for the event.
This party planning guideline is specifically for planning a Confirmation party! You don’t have to worry about any unrelated tasks because everything included is tailored to your specific event.
Our template is formatted to help you easily see what tasks need to get done, should have higher priority, or have already been completed.
- Found the perfect venue? Check the box in the row for choosing a venue, and it will turn green. This helps you visually spot which tasks have been finished amongst the ones that still need to be done.
- Caught up with your busy schedule? If you start to approach a due date, it will turn yellow. If something isn’t completed by its due date, it will turn red. This feature will help you prioritize tasks.
Because it’s a Google Sheet, you can easily share our checklist with anyone you’re planning your Confirmation party and/or ceremony, and you can edit the checklist however and whenever you’d like. You can even edit the checklist at the same time! For instance, if any of your fellow party or even ceremony planners such as your priest, parents, etc. have specific tasks that need to be done during the ceremony or taken care of before the party, they can write them in the checklist and check them off when they’re completed. Organizing both parts of your Confirmation celebration to account for every detail is extremely important to make sure that both the ceremony and party go well.
5. Helpful Links
The template doesn’t just help you plan your time; it also connects you with great resources with a single click.
- Want to survey your guests to find the best time to hold your party? Links to useful websites and apps are included.
- Easily find every service - from venues and caterers to DJs and decorators - you need in one place.
- Budgeting is a huge part of party planning. It doesn’t have to be hard at all! Just use our budget worksheet, created just for Confirmation parties! A link to this sheet will be included in the checklist.
- Need to order supplies? We’ve got you covered. Just click!
- Want to get the creative juices flowing with some fun party tips and ideas? We’ll link right to the articles you need.
How to Use Our Confirmation Party Checklist
Just click the download button below to get started. We’ve made a step-by-step guide to show you how our checklists work, covering specific features such as how to share your checklists with fellow planners, how to add/edit/delete tasks, how to sort/filter/reorder tasks, etc.
As one embarks on this new chapter, it’s important to remember the significance of Confirmation overall, so even if your party isn’t the most traditional, it’s the sign of a new chapter that’s most important. If you need some ideas for your Confirmation party or any other, we can help you with that too. We hope that your Confirmation party and ceremony go well and that our confirmation party checklist helps you throughout the process!
Written by Jennifer Hoang; Contributor: Jack Leduc