Updated on: Feb 17, 2024
Put together the perfect celebration with our election day party checklist. Whether you’ve been a candidate racing towards the finish line of a tough campaign, a campaign manager who’s been stressing out accompanying your candidate along the way, or a passionate citizen who’s anxiously anticipating the final totals, it’s the day that you’ve been waiting for: election day. No matter what the results are, it’s best to make the most of the day, and what better way to do that than to host a party? Planning an election party can still be done with our Election Day Party Checklist.
You can also check out our guide to using the planning checklists!
If you liked our checklists you may also find interest in our Election Day Party Budget. This will help you plan your whole party around a budget you are comfortable with.
5 Reasons to Love Our Election Day Party Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
You may be thinking: How long does it take to plan an Election Day Party? We think that’s for you to decide. Checklists that have fixed time frames make tons of people anxious and feel “behind” from the day they plan an event. That’s why with our checklist, all you need to do is add the day you’re going to begin planning your party, as well as the day you’re holding it (if not the day itself). From there, each task included in the checklist will get an assigned due date, which will help you plan efficiently and assure that you have every detail accounted for in time for the event.
This isn't a generic party planning guideline - it’s specifically for planning an Election Day party!
Our template is formatted to help you easily see what tasks need to get done, and which should have higher priority.
- Found the perfect venue? Check the box in the row for choosing a venue, and it will turn green. This helps you visually spot which tasks have been completed among the ones that still need to be done.
- Did you get caught up with your busy schedule? If you start to approach a due date, it will turn yellow. If it passes without completion, it will turn red. This will help you prioritize tasks.
When planning a party to celebrate all of the hard work everyone has done, it’s important to have your team’s input and/or help while organizing and taking care of all of the details. Our checklist itself is a Google Sheet, which means that you can share the link with anyone (ex. - campaign team members or friends).
Once you’re shared the checklist, they can edit it to add or delete their tasks or just have the checklist to see what tasks they have to do for the party. Multiple people can do all of these things at the same time, which helps make it easier for you to plan in real-time and for everyone to be on the same page. Also, if you’re part of a campaign team and have kept all of your files on Google Drive, you can add the checklist to your organizational system so that it’s with all of your existing documents.
5. Helpful Links
The template doesn’t just help you plan your time, it connects you with great resources in a single click.
- Want to survey your friends to find the best time to hold your party? Links to useful websites and apps are included.
- Need a caterer? Easily find every service - from venues and caterers to DJs and decorators - you need in one place.
- Budgeting is a huge part of party planning. It doesn’t have to be hard at all! Just use our budget worksheet, created just for Election Day parties! A link to this sheet will be included in the checklist.
- Need to order supplies? We’ve got you covered. Just click!
- Want to get the creative juices flowing with some fun party tips and ideas? We’ll link right to the articles you need.
How to Use Our Election Day Party Checklist
Simply click the download button below to get started. We’ve made a step-by-step guide to show you the basics of our checklists such as how to share your checklists with fellow planners, how to add/edit/delete tasks, how to sort/filter/reorder tasks, etc.
Election Day Party CheckList: Conclusion
This year, don’t hesitate to make your election day party special with our Election Day Party Checklist. After all, it’s your chance to make your election day party the one not to miss!
Written by Jennifer Hoang; Contributors: Jack Leduc and Gianna Rutigliano