Updated on: Apr 15, 2023
A Kwanzaa holiday party is a wonderful way for African Americans and Africans to reconnect with their inherited culture. Kwanzaa represents the meaning of togetherness with family and the community, annihilating the idea that commercialism is important to show love and appreciation to one another. We create checklists for all kinds of events and we have created a Kwanzaa party checklist that will help you with every step of your event.
The celebration lasts 7 days, taking place from December 26th until January 1st. Each day has a specific meaning, which in order are: unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.
5 Reasons to Use our Kwanzaa Party Checklist
1. Automatic Timeline
One of the most common features of checklists is that the majority of them have a set timeline that doesn’t allow you to customize it to your own schedule. Guess what? our checklists plan a timeline for you depending on the date you want to start planning your party and your deadline. Let’s say you are planning your party to be in the next four months and you need two months to plan it. The Kwanzaa party checklist will assign dates to each task depending on what date your planning process will start.
2. Event Specific
This is not a generic checklist that fits any event. It is specifically for a Kwanzaa party checklist.
3. Easy Viewing
Another great feature on our checklists is that it is color-coded. For instance, when you are done decorating your home, once you mark it as completed, the task will be green. If the deadline to send invitations is approaching, the task will be yellow, and lastly red if you missed the deadline.
However, just because the checklists have an automatic timeline, it doesn’t mean that you cannot change the dates according to your own timetable.
4. Resource Links
Throughout the checklist, you will find several links to direct you to multiple services, including:
- Links to transportation services
- Links to online apps to create invitations
- Links to sites to create polls or surveys for your guests
- A budget sheet for each event
5. Easy to Share and Edit
Let’s say your friends or family are going to help you plan the celebration. If they have a Gmail account, they can access the checklist once you share it with them through Google Drive. That way, they will be able to assign and modify tasks.
Additional Instructions for our Kwanzaa Party Checklist
- Let’s say that you want to group “plates and silverware” with the existing task “invitations” under the category “decorations”. To do so, you can just simply overwrite “invitations” with “decorations” in that specific task box. The due date of this task will be the same, unless you want to change it.
- Now, let’s say that you got a call from a friend saying they might have some dietary restrictions. To add this new task to your checklist, all you need to do is:
- Right-click on the number of the row immediately above or below where you want to add the task. Then click ‘insert one above/below’ accordingly.
- Proceed to merge the three cells within the task box area for uniformity.
- The new task will need to have a due date applied to it. Once you add the due date, it will be color-coded accordingly.
- If you decide you don’t need physical invitations when online invitations may work out better for you, you can simply delete the task from the checklist by clicking on that task’s row number and click “delete row”
- Assigning people to tasks is easy. All you need to do is to type their names in a task’s “person assigned” box
How to use our Kwanzaa Party Checklist
We know you may have questions about the checklist, so we created a step-by-step guide to walk you through it.
We created a Kwanzaa party checklist to make your event process easy and stress-free. Since Kwanzaa is a celebration of unity and togetherness, you may have a lot of fun planning it with your friends and family! Think of great party ideas and have a fun celebration. Use this opportunity to work alongside those who will create memories with you, have fun, and celebrate to the fullest the true meaning of Kwanzaa.
Written by Isa; Contributors: Kristin Pocius and Jack Leduc